Spectra Physics 161C-010 - Suitable PSU and umbilical
w***@googlemail.com
2015-10-02 15:48:19 UTC
Hi There,

I was wondering if anyone could provide some advice?

I've recently delved into the depths of Argon Lasers and picked up a Spectra physics 161C-010 Laser head...

I'm well aware that this laser requires the 261C PSU but at this point; I've been unable to source one for UK use...

I'm pretty sure I've seen these head being used with an aftermarket Laser Drive Inc PSU but I'm not sure what model number this was...

I've had a lengthy yap to an engineer at Spectra physics who advised that sourcing a PSU and umbilical is going to be difficult as they stopped supporting Air cooled argon lasers 6 years ago...

I'd like to be able to get this laser up and running without having to resort to constructing a crude PSU from scratch...

Has anyone used one of these lasers with a different PSU...or in fact one one the Laser Drive models?

Nice one,

Antony
j***@gmail.com
2015-10-13 06:16:17 UTC
You mean the manufacture who produce the laser closed? How about other laser factory which produce the similar laser, to see if they could help you. Or the worst news: a new one maybe needed