Dielectric coating service for ruby rod
s***@gmail.com
2013-12-13 17:19:29 UTC
I have a small ruby laser rod 2" x .250" OD with polished and ground ends that I would like to have dielectric mirror coatings applied to the ends. Does anyone know of a coating service that is reasonable? It's a nice little rod ready for lasing just needs the ends mirrored.
Salmon Egg
2013-12-13 17:46:28 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
I have a small ruby laser rod 2" x .250" OD with polished and ground ends
that I would like to have dielectric mirror coatings applied to the ends.
Does anyone know of a coating service that is reasonable? It's a nice little
rod ready for lasing just needs the ends mirrored.
I think you are in over your head. If you are trying to make your Hughes
laser work, kit is very likely that the rods are ANTIREFLECTION coated.
The resonator mirrors were EXTERNAL to the rod. My guess is they used
quarter-wave magnesium fluoride.

It is very unlikely that you would find a low-cost coater.
--
Sam

Liberals are for Darwinism but totally against any selection.