Laser power for Direct writing on SU-8 Photoresist
o***@gmail.com
2013-09-18 07:26:18 UTC
Hello,
I am trying to calculate the laser power required to write on a Su-8 layer of a particular thickness. I know the wavelength of the laser and the energy density I need to achieve on the SU-8 layer and other parameters like absorbance, duty cycle are also known. How would I calculate the power that I need to use?

Any help is much appreciated
Thanks
Ravi
Phil Hobbs
2013-09-18 19:45:31 UTC
Post by o***@gmail.com
Hello,
I am trying to calculate the laser power required to write on a Su-8 layer of a particular thickness. I know the wavelength of the laser and the energy density I need to achieve on the SU-8 layer and other parameters like absorbance, duty cycle are also known. How would I calculate the power that I need to use?
Any help is much appreciated
Thanks
Ravi
What sort of laser are you planning to use? SU8 is an I-line resist,
and its sensitivity falls off quite rapidly at wavelengths longer than
390 nm iirc.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs
--